add to wish list | library

18 of 18 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the paid links below. As an Amazon Associate SA-CD.net earns from qualifying purchases.

amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de

amazon.fr
amazon.it

jpc

Discussion: Mozart: Divertimento K.563 - Trio Zimmermann

Page: prev 1 2

Post by bissie December 23, 2011 (11 of 13)
SteelyTom said:

Hmm, I'm interested in the record but a significant hole in the middle sounds like a big problem in a string trio recording ( I'm listening in two-channel).

I'm sorry, but there has to be a hole in the middle, as otherwise the SACD won't get onto the spindle in the player. It doesn't have to be significant, though, and it isn't... :-)

Listen for yourself, either on www.bis.se or www.eclassical.com, and decide, whether there is anything to disturb you.

Happy Holidays - Robert

Post by SteelyTom December 23, 2011 (12 of 13)
Excellent riposte and suggestion, Robert! Happy Holidays to you!

I'm way behind on my BIS SACD-buying, something I hope to correct with the new year.

Post by Hitters December 23, 2011 (13 of 13)
This SACD is a complete marvel. The playing top notch, the sound simply perfect. Besides the medium-sized hole on the disc (there seems to be no other way to make it spin evenly) I found no other hole in this recording. Simply sit down, close your eyes, and enjoy this wonderful old music played by young masters in perfect modern sound.

Page: prev 1 2

Closed